Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
The Law Offices of Shanie N. Bradley motorcycle attorneys has focused on motorcycle personal injury law for over 40 years. With our depth in knowledge of with California law, you can rest assured knowing that every aspect of your motorcycle accident claim is being expertly addressed. If you are looking for the best Sacramento motorcycle accident lawyer, then you are in the right place.
Everything in a motorcycle accident from the nature and extent of the injuries to the way collisions are analyzed is unique and completely different than in a car accident. We understand what your bike means to you and the detailed and specific care and knowledge needed for motorcycle accident victims. If you are unfortunately injured and cannot make it to our office, let us come and meet you at your home, work, in the hospital or anywhere in the greater Sacramento, California area. That ensures we can immediately start working on your case. Let us work to get the justice and compensation you are due and help navigate the system.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Failing to check blind spots for motorcyclists before changing lanes
- Exceeding the legal speed limit on the street and, therefore, unable to avoid a collision.
- Failing to come to a complete stop before turning right on red in violation.
- Running a red light or stop sign without seeing the approaching motorcycle.
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to the motorcycle, particularly during lane changes.
- Driving while distracted, perhaps by passengers or phone use.
Take Action ASAP
Sacramento is the city where The Law Offices of Shanie N. Bradley was founded over 40 years ago. With more registered vehicles than most states, California has some of the busiest streets in the country. With so many motorists in California, we handle more motorcycle accident claims than most other firm in the area. For the best case outcome, it is imperative that you have a motorcycle accident attorney that understands the full particulars of the unique motorcycle laws in California such as helmet laws and lane splitting. In California, motorcycle accident cases must be filed within two years of the accident date, however, a claim must be filed with the appropriate government within six months of the incident if the liable party happens to be a city or school district, or a public entity. If you fail to meet the deadline for your claim, you may get prevented from pursuing compensation altogether. Contact an attorney as soon as possible and don’t risk losing out on your rightful recovery.
After a Motorcycle Accident: What to Do
- Remove yourself from harm’s way by getting out of traffic and off the roadway.
- Call 9-1-1 immediately for you or anyone else involved in the accident is hurt.
- Although it may be difficult, maintain a calm demeanor. It is important that you do not do or say anything that could worsen the situation or indicate responsibility.
- It is important that you stay present at the site of the accident to exchange current information with law enforcement officials and/or all parties involved.
- Take photos of the scene and the damage to the vehicles or other property involved so there is contextual evidence of the incident.
- Obtain any information from witnesses who are willing to provide it.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Do not admit fault of the accident to any other parties involved in the accident, law enforcement officers, and insurance company representatives.
- Listen to your doctor.
- Contact an attorney to help file and negotiate your claim.
We know how to help you recover for vehicles costs, lost wages, pain or suffering and more beyond the obvious physical damage to your bike. Our team of motorcycle accident lawyers often see potential that less experienced attorneys cannot and we will not back away from difficult cases. You want our years of experience fighting insurance companies and unfavorable police reports on your side.
Get Legal Advice from a Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Each Sacramento motorcycle accident lawyer at The Law Offices of Shanie N. Bradley has been fighting for motorcyclists’ rights for decades. We have carefully chosen local, independent counsel across the county to help guide your claim, even if you do not need an attorney, we are experts in motorcycle accidents. This can speed up and maximize your recovery. If you want compensation and justice for your injury, pain and suffering, call today for your free consultation at (916) 457-5022.